Living On Singapore Time...

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Singapore Thanksgiving 2008

Traci usually chronicles our blog but asked if I would do our Thanksgiving edition. So here goes...Thanksgiving weekend in Singapore has been a fun filled time for the family. Carington had a special "tree-top" birthday party to attend, we had turkey and dressing on Thanksgiving day as a family and again with friends from IBC (church) on Saturday, did lots of swimming, and went to Tanglin Mall Saturday night to see the Christmas lights and snow (bubbles in Singapore). Unfortunately, the weekend was marred by a horrible terrorist attack in Mumbai, India which killed almost 200 and injured several hundred more. While India is no stranger to Islamic radical attacks, this one was on a scale not seen before in India. Ten different sites were attacked with specific targeting on Brit and American citizens in two major International hotels, Western restaurant, Jewish center, etc... I travel often to India and usually transit through Mumbai on my way to Baroda so it obviously adjusts the feelings on those trips. (Currently scheduled to be there the week of Dec 15th) These events and the many other global events at this time remind us of the many things we do have to be thankful for. Our faith, family & friends, health, freedoms many don't enjoy, and the opportunity to live and bare witness to Christ in these times. We pray a blessed holiday weekend to all and look forward to reuniting with friends and family over the Christmas and New Year holiday period back in Oklahoma. Hope you enjoy some of the pictures from our weekend!

Robert

1 comment:

@nnie said...

wow robert. Thanks for putting things in perspective. Sometimes I am a put your head in the sand kind of girl when it comes to things like that and I embarrassingly had no clue the seriousness of this attack. We will keep this in our prayers and I'm glad your Thanksgiving went well.