Living On Singapore Time...

Sunday, March 15, 2009

This N That'

***************************************************************************************
FINALLY found a pizza place that I like and would order from again! It's called Sarpino's and it was soooo yummy! My favorites back home are Mazzio's and Hideaway and just haven't found anything that compares! Still can't wait to have Hideaway this summer. Carington's favorite is CiCi's...it's cheap and a kid favorite.

***************************************************************************************

Had a good thunderstorm this afternoon. It's amazing how quickly it can go from sunny and gorgeous to cloudy and a torrential rainstorm. The nice thing about the rain is it often cools things down and it's pleasant to be outside for a bit...until the humidity returns. It won't be long until severe weather season back home and I'll be able to watch the streaming live coverage from Channel 6.

**************************************************************************************

Looked at the Target add online tonight and it made my heart skip a beat!!!!! I CAN NOT tell you how much this Oklahoma girl misses her Target. It will be one of my first stops when we hit the ground this summer!!!!! After loving on family and friends at the airport it has become tradition to stop at Ouik Trip and get a fountain Dr. Pepper!!! My mouth is watering now!

*************************************************************************************

Carington is spending the night with her friend Lissette. No school tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday due to Parent Conferences and the next week is Spring Break. Lissette and her family some of our first friends when we moved her last January, so they hold a special place in our heart. The family is moving to Paris this summer so we will soon tell them good-bye. This is my first time to experience telling friends good-bye. The expat community is very transient as you might imagine. I have another good friend Becky ( we met at at the New Parent coffee last January), she and her are moving back to the States this summer and I am sad to see her go. She's a sweet Christian friend...someone you can say "will you pray for me" and I've been so thankful for her.

1 comment:

@nnie said...

Loved catching up with the Morris family! Thanks!