Living On Singapore Time...

Friday, April 18, 2008

Just a Typical Day in Singapore

Nothing exciting happened today but I thought I'd give you a peak into what our typical day is like in Singapore...

The alarm wakes us at 6am, so that we can get Carington up and around to catch the bus by 7am. This morning we were having a good ole'fashioned thunderstorm and it sure was hard to roll out of bed!! Brady's usually up by 6:30am at the latest...sometimes he's even up and around by 5:30am. He likes to take sister down to the bus or stand in the window and watch. If Robert's not traveling he takes Carington to the bus but if not the duty defers to mom!! All mornings are muggy...like those July and August mornings in Oklahoma!!

I usually spend the morning tidying up the house and kitchen, starting laundry and catching up on emails. None of the stores or malls open up before 10 or 11am...so there's no dropping your kids off at school and heading to the grocery store or Target and home before 10am like back in the states. So we usually just stay home and do our morning "chores" and Brady takes his morning nap and then we head out around 11am to do our errands. Every other Tuesday is my MOPS ( Mother's Of Pre-Schoolers) meeting, Wednesday morning Brady has swim lessons at the American Club and we usually walk from our condo because it's not very far and Thursday's I have Bible Study at the church...those are our set things we do each week.

Today for our "outing" Brady and I took a taxi to Tanglin Mall where we had lunch and went to the grocery store. I like the grocery store there because they carry a lot of American brands. The trolleys (shopping carts) cost $1.oo. Singapore has a $1 coin and you have to put one of them in a slot on the trolley and it will release...

Then it was back home...a friend came over today to help me do some decorating in our condo.

Carington gets off the bus at 3:45pm and she usually veg's for a while before we start homework, eat dinner, bathe and are in bed between 7 and 7:30pm.

...A little peak into our daily life!!!!!

No comments: