Living On Singapore Time...
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
A Weather Nerd's Dream Come True
Those of you that know me well, know how much I LOVE the weather, especially during severe weather season!! I'm always watching the news and weather to keep up to date with what's going on. My freshman year in college the girls on my hall would always come down to my room in the morning to find out what the weather was going to be like that day. Weather is intriguing to me. However, in Singapore the weather is pretty much the same everyday...hot (85 to 90 degrees), humid, sunshiny and it may rain especially during the rainy season. So there's not any need to watch the weather forecast. While talking to my mom on the phone tonight she mentioned that we were in for another round of storms and I was bummed because I would miss all the weather coverage. I'm such a weather nerd that I don't mind the weather cut-ins at all!!! So, I thought I'd go online to look at the radar and see just where the storms were and what do my wondering eyes behold but the ability to click-on watch LIVE STREAMING coverage of the Channel 6 weather coverage. I was in heaven!!! I got to watch Travis Meyer and Dick Faurot LIVE from Singapore!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh girl, I know you were loving that!!! I so miss being able to call you and get the latest. I felt like I had my own personal weather girl. I'm so glad you were able to get your weather fix online! (Broken Arrow and Bixby schools are closed today because of the flooded streets. Unbelievable.)
Love and miss you...A
Don't you just love the internet! I still laugh when thinking about how you would send those weird email thingies to Pobert in Russia. Electronic mail? What the heck was that?!? Email me sometime, when you can, and let me know when a good time to call you would be. Love you lots!!!
I'll make sure and let Dick Faurot know that you're still watching him from Singapore! We've had scared little girls sleeping with us several nights this week. Sorry you've missed it! Melissa
Post a Comment