Living On Singapore Time...
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Mycoplasma Spring Break
I had never heard of Mycoplasma before but it consumed our Spring Break. Carington woke up Monday morning complaining of a cough and sore throat. I thought she'd just lay around for a day and watch movies and perk back up but as the day went on the symptoms got worse. She developed a fever, fatigue, and basic cold symptoms and around 3am in the morning on Tuesday was asking me to take her to the clinic when it opened, so I KNEW she felt bad. Meanwhile Robert is back in the states, at HOME for meetings and I'm left to deal with this all on my own. I prayed- a lot!! We got an appointment at the International Medical Clinic where most expats go with Dr. Cindy Teow. She diagnosed Carington with Mycoplasma and said that a lot of new expats tend to get it. In reading literature about it...we call it "walking pnuemonia" back in the states. We got antibiotics, cough medicine and a throat gargle and hunkered down for the rest of the week. It wasn't until Saturday that she felt like getting out of the house. Life is back to normal now. School resumed on Monday as did our regular routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment